Updates to the CE Library
The old Content Enhancement Library‘s been due for some love for a little while. Once upon a time it worked great but it’s lost a step or two since we debuted it two years ago. This week I’ve gone under its hood to see what I can do to patch things up so things keep humming along until the all-new Stratepedia Library makes its way off my laptop and onto a server.
Here’s what I’ve done:
- Reverted the domain name back to library.contentenhancement.org. The new domain will continue to work if you bookmarked it, but switching over the old site was causing more trouble than consistency with the new Stratepedia setup was worth. Now you shouldn’t get any (or at least not as many) warning messages about invalid certificates.
- You know how you couldn’t click the name of a folder when you were looking at a resource contained in it? Well, now you can.
- The sidebar’s a touch wider, which should help with wrapping issues around the filters.
Here are some outstanding problems I know of:
- When you go from a list of a foldler’s resources (including the public folder) to a resource within that folder, the library forgets all your filter settings and some other information it needs to let you properly navigate back to the list. I’m still pondering why this is, as it used to work fine.
- The edit button may or may not appear when you’re looking at a resource you own. This one’s got me a little stumped but I think it’s related to the previous issue.
- If a folder’s resource list is more than one page long, and you try to go to any page other than the first, you get kicked to the public folder. Huh. A workaround is to use filters to narrow the list down to one page.
That’s everything I know of at this point. If you know of other glitches, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do about fixing them.
- Additional updates to the CE Library
- Stratepedia Library Preview #3
- Problems with CE Library
- Content Enhancement Library up and running
- Content Enhancement Library users’ manual now on Stratepedia Guidebooks server