Looking for an alternative to RSS readers?
This morning Aaron introduced me to Simply Headlines. This website gathers most of your favorite information and arranges it in a newspaper format. It works a lot like an RSS reader (Confused? Try this first), only this time it is rolled up in a rubber band and tossed directly into your inbox. Yup, all of your favorite sites are emailed to you once a day and you don’t even have to tip the paperboy.
Simply Headlines consists of four easy steps:
1. Provide your name and email address (the one that you will use to receive your daily news).
2. Personalize your content.
- Decide what time you want your “newspaper” delivered to your inbox.
- Pick a format. HTML will show pictures while the Text format will only show text.
- Choose which types of news you like to read.
3. Select which websites you would prefer to get your news from. (Simply Headlines will guide you through this process as well.)
4. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. So go check your email, click the Simply Headlines link to confirm, and you are finished!
Now all you have to do is grab a cup of coffee and wait for your daily newspaper to be delivered. Its almost as good as sitting on your front porch in your bathrobe.
- Google seeks to engage news readers with games
- 3 iPad RSS readers worth buying
- RSS readers: What do you use?
- Welcome Stratenotes readers!
- Looking for an alternative to Windows or Mac? Linux on the desktop is no longer just for nerds