FormatFactory: Video conversion tool for Windows
We love to talk up the dearly-departed VisualHub and its new, open source progeny Transcoder Redux around here. I’ve never seen a way to convert video from one format to another more quickly or easily–whenever you see a video clip anywhere on a Stratepedia-hosted site (or the handful of kucrl.org sites we handle), there’s a good chance VisualHub or Transcoder has touched it at some point.
One thing that’s not a problem for us, but may be a problem for you, is that these applications are Mac-only. Over the weekend I learned about a Windows program with similar features to VisualHub, called FormatFactory. I know absolutely nothing about this software other than that it exists and that it’s free. If you’re a Windows person and need to convert video, check out FormatFactory and let us know what you think by leaving a comment on this post.
- Miro 4: Our favorite video search and convert tool gets updated
- Stuff We Love: Convert videos quickly with VisualHub
- Good news! VisualHub is back, sort of.
- Download, organize, and convert video easily with Miro 3.5
- 5 things to watch for in Windows 8