Welcome back, teachers! (A few tips to get back in the swing of things)
With the school year starting up again for most districts, we wanted to give our teachers a proper welcome back. So, in honor of the new semester, here is a link-happy list we compiled of the most talked about technology news of the summer.
- Apple released the iPhone 4.
- Then, they had a lot of problems with the antenna.
- Google flip-flopped their stance on net neutrality. Several Google alternatives exist to avoid relying entirely on one company.
- A new smartpen was released by Livescribe. The Echo, known as the Pulse’s successor, starts at $169 for 4GB. Aaron also discussed 5 ways educators are using a smartpen in the classroom.
- Aaron shared several ways that educators are using iPads. In and out of the classroom, the iPad is a hit. Need textbooks? What about an assessment tool? Look no further than the iPad for a convenient solution.
- Facebook added a new feature known as Places. This is a check-in service that uses your GPS location to let friends know where you are. This video from Facebook explains how to customize or opt-out of the service to fit your needs.
- Apple adds Apps for Teachers section to iTunes store
- 3 tips for more productive iPhone and iPad use
- Tech tips for non-tech teachers
- 5 things to like about iOS 5
- Use Google Forms for easy classroom data collection