Using VoiceOver with iBooks
Amber and I created this video tutorial to quickly demonstrate the basics of using VoiceOver in iBooks. VoiceOver is the built-in screen reading software that comes with every recent iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac. Though it was chiefly designed for users with vision impairments, it obviously carries a wide range of educational uses too. And it is notably free and well-designed in a market where small fortunes are routinely spent on software. All this being said, I heartily recommend the Aussie voice over the grating American default.
- First impressions of iBooks Textbooks and iBooks Author: What’s cool and what needs work
- iBooks 1.2 is out! Organize your e-books and print or e-mail book notes from your iPad
- Apple announcement roundup: iOS 4.1 and 4.2, new iPods, new Apple TV
- 5 tips for reading books in iBooks on the iPad
- iPad impressions: Book reading options (iBooks vs. Kindle)