How do I create folders in Google Docs?
I’ve been using Google Docs more frequently to collaborate with multiple groups and projects. Google Docs is a free, convenient way to store and share documents with multiple people. My biggest complaint, as well as many other users’, was the long list being created by accumulating documents that lacked any organization. I sat down today and actually took the time to create folders, known in Google Docs as collections, to began grouping documents together. Here’s how I got started:
1. After you’ve signed in to your Google Docs account, click the Create New tab and then select Collection.
2. Give your new collection a name. The new collection title will appear in the column to the left as well as in your main Google Docs list.
3. Right-click on the collection title to associate a color with the contents.
4. Click a document and drag it into the new collection folder.
- Create a presentation with Google Docs
- How do I edit my Google Docs on the go?
- How Google is making Docs even more social
- When should I use Google Docs instead of Dropbox?
- Turn Google Docs into a virtual drop box with GoDropBox