5 technology gifts for graduates
Happy Spring! This time of year we are often busy with many high school and college graduations. If you’re looking to help the recent graduate in your life celebrate another milestone, here is our technology-centered gift guide to offer a few suggestions.
1. Subscription to Lynda.com. This website is a great resource to learn about all things technology and beyond. The Online Training Library is full of top-quality video tutorials that can be accessed for as little as $25.00 a month (Aaron and I both have memberships). Lynda.com offers in-depth training on specific software, demonstrations of the latest technology trends, and documentaries about creative professionals in a variety of fields. I think a graduate of any age would benefit from a subscription for a month or two.
2. USB charger for multiple devices. Perfect for a dorm room or office, this Belkin Mini surge protector offers three standard AC outlets and two USB outlets to charge multiple mobile devices at once.
3. iTunes giftcard. If your student already has an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (and if not, there are some bonus gift ideas) then a giftcard to iTunes will help them buy several useful apps or books.
4. Keyboard protector. Prevent expensive spill-related disasters with a protective skin made specifically for laptops. Amazon.com offers many options, such as this universal silicone mat made for any 15 – 17 inch notebook.
5. Noise canceling headphones. I’ve got the Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 and have been very happy with it. A built-in microphone is also attached and the set is compatible with Mac or PC. A simple USB cable allows it to connect to your computer without any software or downloads.
image by Captain Skyhawk
- Learn new technology with Lynda
- Holiday gift guide 2010: Part 1
- 5 education technology trends from 2010 (and to keep watching in 2011)
- 5 ways to incorporate new technology into your work and life
- Technology conferences worth attending in 2011