Apple releases update to protect Macs from recent malware
Once more, and then I hope I’m done writing about this: Apple released a security update on Tuesday to block the recently-released credit card number-stealing malware affecting some Mac users. Download the update as you normally would (typically, that’s by going to the Apple Menu and selecting Software Update).
Source: Mac Security Update 2011-003 now hunting MacDefender from The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Apple releases Lion and new Macs
- Look out: “Mac Guard” malware doesn’t require a password to infect your computer
- Using Skype 5 on a Mac? Update now to address a major security issue
- Apple’s official support on removing Mac Defender malware
- Apple releases the Magic Mouse