Spending a month with Google+, Week 3
This month I am exploring Google+ (Google’s social networking site) and reporting back on some of the different features, such as saved searches. This tool allows you to find, organize, and follow news that is relevant to you. Add filters, such as Sparks, to narrow your search in Google+. Sparks are collections of trending content found elsewhere on the Internet. The idea is to also “spark” a conversation among other members of Google+ that are interested in the same topics. The People filter is another great way to find individuals with similar interests.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log in to your Google+ account.
- On the homepage, type a topic into the search box and hit enter.
- Results will display any posts on Google+ or the Internet that include your keyword search.
- Narrow your search to only people, Google+ posts, or Sparks related to this topic.
- Click the Save this Search button and a quick link to this topic will be added to the left column on your screen. Access these saved searches at any time to see the newest content being shared.
Check out previous posts for this series:
- Week 1 – Organizing contacts into Circles and using the Google+ app
- Week 2 – Using Google+ Messenger to bring separate conversations into one group chat
- Spending a month with Google+, Week 4
- Spending a month with Google+, Week 2
- Spending a month with Google+
- 5 takeaways from a week with Google+
- 5 new reasons to check out Google+