Stratepedia Picks for March 30, 2012
- PDF Pals: This list of apps, reviewed and ranked by the editors of MacWorld, is worth looking at if you’re in the market for an app that will allow you to annotate PDF files on your iPad.
- BrowserQuest is Pure HTML5 Gaming Goodness: You may know we’re all-in on HTML5 technology for developing the next versions of our suite of applications. This modern web technology (or, more accurately, collection if modern web technologies) is a great bet for any small development shop looking to support a variety of devices (computers, tablets, phones) and deliver a modern computing experience at the same time. If you’re skeptical about what HTML5 is capable of, though, take a gander at BrowserQuest. This online game is 100% HTML5–no Flash, no native “there’s an app for that” code.
- Lumosity: I saw a commercial for this website to help ”reclaim your brain” and thought I’d give it a try. Lumosity uses different puzzles and games to improve memory, problem-solving, flexibility, speed, and attention. Take a short quiz to determine which areas need the most attention and receive a free, three-day trial. Each day you are given a quick lesson to improve your skills. It took me about 5 minutes to complete today’s free lesson and I look forward to tomorrow’s activities. It appears the paid account allows you to track your progress over time and see how you compare to others. In your account settings, you can opt-out of emails from Lumosity or sign-up for daily reminders to complete the lessons.
- HandBrake: We’ve talked about HandBrake for a few years now but I still think its one of the best free video conversion tools available. Its available for Mac, Windows, and Linux and they just released a new update. I mostly use HandBrake to convert videos to different formats, but it also allows you to add features to videos such as chapter selection, chapter markers, subtitles, and closed captions.
- Stratepedia picks for March 9, 2012
- Stratepedia picks for March 2, 2012
- Stratepedia Picks for March 16, 2012
- Stratepedia picks for March 23, 2012
- Stratepedia picks for February 24, 2012